½ cup fat-free milk
½ cup egg substitute
1 cup crushed unsalted pretzels (about 3 ounces)
½ teaspoon pepper (coarsely ground preferred)
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil plus 2 teaspoons, divided use
1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin, all visible fat discarded, quartered, pounded 7x4-inch pieces
2 medium lemons, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. Pour the milk into a shallow dish or pie pan. Pour the egg substitute into a separate shallow dish or pie pan. Put the pretzel crumbs on a large plate. Stir the pepper and salt into the crumbs. Set the dishes and the plate in a row, assembly-line fashion.
3. Lightly spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Pour in 2 teaspoons oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Heat over medium-high heat.
4. Meanwhile, dip 1 piece of pork in the milk, turning to coat. Let any excess drip off. Dip in the egg substitute, turning to coat. Let any excess drip off. Dip in the crumbs, turning to coat. Gently shake off any excess crumbs. Place the pork in the skillet. Repeat with the second piece of pork. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the coating is crisp. Turn over. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the coating is crisp and the pork is no longer pink in the center. Transfer to oven-safe platter. Put in the oven to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining 2 pieces of pork.
5. Just before serving, squeeze the lemon over the pork.
Total Fat 8g
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1½ starch
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!