Last Updated on
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup broken reduced-fat shredded wheat crackers
½ cup broken honey wheat pretzel rods
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup fat-free milk
1½ pounds chicken breast tenderloins
⅓ cup light mayonnaise
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup buffalo sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
3. Place crackers in a food processor, cover and process until coarsely ground.
4. Add pretzels to food processor, cover and process until pretzels are coarsely ground.
5. Transfer pretzel mixture to a shallow dish; stir in cayenne pepper.
6. In another shallow dish whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons milk.
7. Dip chicken into egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dip chicken into crumb mixture, turning to coat. Arrange chicken in prepared pan.
8. Lightly coat breaded chicken with cooking spray. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
9. Meanwhile, for blue cheese dip, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, blue cheese, the remaining 2 tablespoons milk, and the garlic. Serve chicken tenderloins with blue cheese dip, buffalo sauce, and celery sticks.
Total Fat 10g