Skillet Tuna Noodle Casserole
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
10 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 onion, mixed
salt and pepper
3½ cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces egg noodles (3 cups)
1 cup frozen peas
2 (7 ounce) pouches water packed white tuna, flaked
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 cup Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in 12 inch oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned (5 to 7 minutes).
3. Stir in broth, cream, and noodles. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring often, until noodles are tender and sauce is thickened (about 8 minutes).
4. Stir in peas, tuna, and parsley.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top.
6. Transfer skillet oven and bake until lightly browned (about 8 minutes). Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: