Country Brown Bread
This old-fashioned bread recipe is slightly sweet with the help of molasses. It's the kind of bread that was made in the kitchens of our grand mothers and great-grandmothers. It's a brown bread recipe that has definitely stood the test of time.
2 cups milk
½ cup white sugar
½ cup molasses
1½ cups whole wheat flour
1½ cups bread flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1. Butter and flour two 9x5 inch bread pans. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a small bowl combine milk, sugar, and molasses.
3. Mix together whole wheat flour, regular flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Add to milk mixture and mix well.
5. Pour mixture into bread pans. Bake for 45 minutes.