Pumpkin Molasses Muffins
Our Pumpkin Molasses Muffins are bursting with fall spices, moist pumpkin and rich molasses. You can omit the raisins and/or pecans but they both add extra texture and flavor that makes this recipe outstanding.
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 cup cooked pumpkin or canned
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 egg, beaten
2 cups sifted flour (sift before measuring)
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon mace
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup raisins
1. Blend together sugar and margarine.
2. Add pumpkin, molasses and egg.
3. Sift flour with baking powder and spices.
4. Add baking soda to buttermilk.
5. Mix raisins and nuts with ½ cup of sifted flour and spices.
6. Add the rest of flour alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
7. Add raisins and nuts.
8. Place in well greased muffin tins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. If very large tin, bake 25 minutes.
Makes 18 small muffins.