Banana Cranberry Bread
Banana bread gets a delicious update with the addition of cranberry sauce. The creamy bananas and cranberry sauce are blended together to create a wonderfully moist Thanksgiving bread.This is the perfect use for leftover cranberry sauce after your big Thanksgiving dinner.
2½ cups white sugar
1 cup shortening
3 mashed bananas
1 cup cranberry sauce
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, and mix in bananas, cranberry sauce, milk, and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually blend flour mixture into the banana mixture.
5. Fold in walnuts.
6. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
7. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack, and cool completely.