At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Banana bread is wonderful for breakfast or as a sweet bread to have with coffee or tea. This banana nut bread recipe has a wonderfully nutty flavor and is perfectly moist. It is very easy to make which makes it a great solution for any time you have too many ripe bananas that may end up wasted otherwise.
Banana Nut Bread
½ cup shortening
2 cups sugar
3 mashed bananas
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
2/3 cup chopped nuts
1. Cream together the shortening and sugar.
2. Add the eggs and bananas.
3. Combine the flour and the baking soda.
4. Add the buttermilk alternately with flour to the banana mixture.
5. Add chopped nuts.
6. Mix well and pour into 2 greased pans.
7. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.