1 cup long-grain rice
1 can (14½ ounces) chicken broth
½ cup white wine
2 teaspoons dried parsley
½ teaspoon each dried rosemary, thyme and sage
1 bay leaf
1 bone-in turkey breast (5-6 pounds)
3 cloves garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven combine rice, broth, wine, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage and bay leaf. Place turkey over rice mixture and sprinkle turkey generously with paprika.
3. Cut off root ends of garlic cloves. Place whole garlic bulbs, cut-end-up, in rice around turkey breast.
4. Cover top of Dutch oven with foil and lid.
5. Bake at 350°F for 2½ to 3 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 170-175°F.
6. Allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
7. To serve, carve turkey into slices and place on platter.
8. Spoon rice mixture into serving bowl.
9. Squeeze garlic from skins onto turkey and rice.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.