Apple Cobbler Recipe
Apple Cobbler is easy to make and a great alternative to the standard apple pie. This Carmel Apple Cobbler recipe adds the gooey sweetness of carmel to the mix, tasy!
Apples are fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, and a wonderful source of fiber. Apples are also an excellent source of antioxidants so this is one dessert you don’t need to feel 100% guilty about eating!
Caramel Apple Cobbler
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter
24 caramels, unwrapped
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (20 oz.) can apple pie filling
1 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 c. of
the crumble; press remainder into a 13x9x2-in. pan.
2. Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. If desired, add nuts to reserved crumble.
3. In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth.
4. Spoon apple pie filling over baked crust. Top with melted caramel mixture, then the reserved crumble.
5. Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Easy RecipesMain Page