Burger. Bacon. Onion. Cheddar. How can you go wrong? Maybe have it made for you by that big old fast food place around the corner so you don't have to make it on the grill.
Unless the taste has been slapped out of your mouth, you need to make this instead. The recipe we use has beef with amazing taste, combined with perfectly cooked bacon and onions. Besides being filled with cheese, they're topped with cheese that's put on at just the right time and melted just the right way before it goes into your mouth.
It's not based on a corporate handbook. It's real burger-on-a-barbecue food. It has flavor. Let's check it out.
Bacon Onion Cheddar Burger
Bacon Onion Cheddar Burger Recipe
8 strips bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
3 cups sliced onion
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 hamburger buns
1. In a large skillet cook onion in 4 teaspoons hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.
2. Stir in bacon pieces, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover; keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, the 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic. Divide into eight equal portions.
4. Shape each portion into a 4-inch diameter patty. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly among each of four of the patties. Top with remaining patties, pressing down lightly and sealing edges well.
5. Grill patties directly over medium heat for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degree F), turning once halfway through grilling.
6. Top burgers with remaining cheese the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time or until melted.
7. To serve, place patty on a toasted hamburger bun; top with bacon-onion mixture. Makes 4 sandwiches.
What to Serve With These Burgers
These burgers are certainly an indulgent dinner! With all of the cheese included, you'll be full for the rest of the night. These burgers aren't complete without a good side to go with it. You can't go wrong with French fries, first and foremost.
Since you're already including so much cheese with these burgers, why not go into full cheese overload and make chili cheese fries? It will take some extra effort than plain fries, but the end result will definitely be worth it. Kids will love it, you'll love it, and everyone will be happy.
Mac and cheese is another great side option. Who doesn't love a good helping of cheesy deliciousness? Like burgers, mac and cheese can be customized in so many ways. Make your favorite recipe, or keep it extra simple and stick to the boxed variety.
Finally, if you want to keep it really simple, some pickles and olives can go well with this recipe. Pickles are often served with burgers at restaurants, and olives are always good when paired with pickles. Together, they make a complete side that isn't as filling as fries or mac and cheese.