Bacon Stuffed Hamburgers
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Bacon and burgers just go together, and when you elevate all that bacony goodness by stuffing it into the burger, it becomes a gourmet-worthy creation the whole family will love. Paired with mashed potatoes and buttered corn, this is simple fare that tastes like a restaurant meal.
4 slices bacon
¼ cup chopped onion
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained and finely chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound bulk pork sausage
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons steak sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and discard all but 2 Tablespoons drippings.
2. Sauté onions in drippings until tender. Crumble bacon; add with mushrooms to skillet and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, combine beef, pork, cheese, pepper, garlic powder and steak sauce in a large bowl. Shape into 16 patties.
4. Divide bacon mixture and place over eight of the patties. Place remaining patties on top and press edges tightly to seal.
5. Grill over medium heat until well-done (pork sausage in burgers requires thorough cooking).
6. Serve on buns, with pickles and lettuce if desired.
Perfect Mashed Potatoes Ingredients:
4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
salt and pepper
2 cups heavy cream
3 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons chopped chives
1. Put the potatoes into a large pot, add 2 Tablespoons salt, and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Drain well.
4. Heat the butter and cream in a small saucepan.
5. Mash the potatoes well with a potato masher until smooth and free of chunks.
6. Add the hot cream/butter mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix well, adding the chives while mixing.