At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Beef Potato Burgers and Corn on the Cob
3/4 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup finely shredded potatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup tomato juice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
4-8 ears steamable frozen corn on the cob
1. In a large bowl, combine beef, potatoes, onion, green pepper, egg and salt.
2. Shape mixture into four patties.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the beef patties on both sides. Drain.
4. Add the tomato juice to the skillet. Simmer patties in tomato juice for about 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Steam corn in microwave.
5. Transfer beef patties to a serving platter, keep warm.
6. Combine flour and water, whisking well until smooth.
7. Gradually add flour mixture to the tomato juice in the skillet, stirring while adding.
8. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Place patties on rolls. Spoon sauce over patties.
9. Serve with buttered corn on the cob. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: