In the mood for chili burgers? We've got the right recipe for you! Chili burgers are a great way to switch up normal hamburgers. During the summer, families across America consume thousands, if not millions, of burgers. It can get boring after a while, which is why you need recipes like this one to change it up!
We recommend serving corn on the cob with this recipe, but you can serve whatever side you want. French fries, macaroni salad, potato salad… the choice is yours! If you choose to serve corn on the cob, consider switching things up by grilling it instead of your usual preparation.
Keep in mind that some may find this recipe spicy, so keep some milk on hand! This recipe may not be ideal for very young children, who often have a low spice tolerance. Use your best judgment, and don't be afraid to make some alterations if needed.
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out some of the other fantastic recipes that we have on offer! We have enough dinner recipes to cover dinner for a whole year! You'll never need to sit around wondering what on Earth to make for dinner ever again. Doesn't that sound great?
Chili Burgers and Buttered Corn
on the Cob
1 pound ground beef
1½ teaspoons chili powder
1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (2.8 ounces) French fried onions
1. In a large bowl, combine beef and chili powder.
2. Shape into 4 patties. Pan fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chili to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
5. Place burgers on bun bottoms, top with chili, cheese and onions. Replace bun tops. Serve with buttered corn on the cob. Makes 4 servings.