Many of us have heard or burgers served on pretzel buns or burgers topped with beer cheese, but these are beer pretzel burgers with pretzels and beer actually cooked in. Read on to find out more about this unique recipe.
In this recipe, the pretzels are added directly to the meat. This may seem unusual to some people, but they actually work a bit like breadcrumbs when they are added which is to say, they retain the moisture of the meat while adding a crunch.
If you use flavored pretzels in your burger, they can have even more of an impact. There are some companies that specialize in making pretzels with unusual flavors. Here are some examples:
- Extra Dark: These pretzels are almost burnt giving them a darker, bolder flavor and making them crunchier than most.
- Flavor Shocked: These are pretzel shells only. The inside has been taken out to provide pretzel eaters with a crunchy shell that is perfect for adding texture to the burger.
- Buffalo: These offer the real heat of buffalo wings.
- Honey Mustard: These will provide your burger with the tangy flavor of mustard and the sweetness of honey.
In addition to the pretzels, other ingredients are added to give these burgers a great taste. The beer infuses the burger with richness, but the alcohol cooks off, so you don’t have to worry about serving them to children.
The tomato juice adds to the rich flavor, and what burger would be complete without onions, relish, and a dash of salt.
Hamburger Dinner Ideas
But no matter how you serve your hamburger, it always makes a great dinner idea. The combination of meat and bread ensures that several of the food groups are accounted for. Just add veggies, a salad or fries and you have a complete meal.
If you like to serve burgers but don’t want your family to get tired of the same old, same old, here are some hamburger dinner ideas they are sure to enjoy.
Cheddar Stuffed Burgers with Pickled Slaw and Fried Shallots: Why put the cheese on top of your burger when you can stuff them with ooey-gooey goodness? Serve them on homemade herb butter rolls and include some pickled slaw with a kick for a meal that will make your family’s mouths water.
Bacon and Kimchi Burgers: Everything’s better with bacon! To make your burgers special, you can make two thin patties and add bacon and cheese in the middle. Serve healthy and delicious kimchi on the side to make your meal great.
Mini Burgers and Onion Rings: When it comes to hamburgers, sliders are the fun food adults and children can’t seem to get enough of. Serve these mini-burgers with onion rings made to perfection. (Hint: Adding club soda into the batter will make them extra crispy).
Adding pretzels to your burgers might seem a bit unusual, but we promise, this is a taste you are sure to love. The addition of onions, relish and seasoning will take the dish to the next level ensuring you and your family will be in love at the very first bite.Print
The alcohol in the beer cooks off in this recipe so you don't need to worry about serving it to little ones. The pretzels add a perfect texture along with the oniony flavor. This easy recipe has all the best tastes in a simple burger.
- ⅔ cup beer or tomato juice
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 Tablespoons pickle relish (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ pounds lean ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. In large bowl mix beer, pretzels, onion, relish (optional), and salt.
2. Add ground beef; mix well.
3. Shape meat mixture into 8 thick patties.
4. Cook over medium heat on gas or charcoal grill.
5. Cook 14 to 18 minutes or until done (turning once half way through grilling).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 18
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hamburger dinner ideas,pretzel burger