Grilled B.L.T. Steak
2 (12-ounce) boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1¼-inch thick
2 slices bacon
½ cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
8 slices tomato
2 cups mixed baby greens
1. Trim fat from steak.
2. Grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill over medium coals until desired doneness. (Allow 14 to 18 minutes for medium-rare or 18 to 22 minutes for medium.)
3. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
4. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
5. Crumble bacon and set aside.
6. Drain fat, reserving 1 Tablespoon drippings in skillet.
7. Add vinaigrette.
8. Cook and stir over high heat about 1 minute, scraping up browned bits.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Halve the 2 steaks.
11. Place on 4 dinner plates.
12. Top each with tomato slices, cooked bacon, mixed greens, and some of dressing from the skillet.