Last Updated on
Bacon Chicken Cheese Quesadillas
Quesadillas are a hit anytime, but putting bacon and chicken into them takes them from appetizer to a complete filling dinner that’s done in under 30 minutes.
Bacon Chicken Cheese Quesadillas Ingredients:
2 10-inch flour tortillas
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup diced chicken
⅓ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ medium tomato, chopped
2 teaspoons diced onions
1 teaspoon diced canned jalapeno
1 slice bacon, cooked
¼ teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
1 dash salt
For serving as toppings:
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
2. Put one tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan, then spread cheese and cut up chicken strips in the center of the tortilla, leaving about an each all the way around.
3. Sprinkle the tomato, onion, and jalapeno over the chicken and cheese.
4. Crumble the slice of cooked bacon and sprinkle it over the other ingredients.
5. Sprinkle the cilantro and a dash of salt over the other ingredients.
6. Top off the quesadilla with the remaining tortilla, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
7. When the bottom tortilla has browned, after 45-90 seconds, flip the quesadilla over and grill the other side for the same amount of time.
8. Remove the quesadilla from the pan, and, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the quesadilla three times through the middle like a pizza, creating 6 equal slices.
9. Cover to keep warm while preparing additional quesadillas.
10. Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on the side and hot buttered white rice.