Last Updated on
Chicken and Kielbasa Couscous
1/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
6 ounces fully cooked kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced into ½-inch pieces
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 1/3 cups chicken broth
1 cup couscous
1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry. Cut into bite-size strips and set aside.
2. In a 10-inch skillet cook and stir kielbasa, celery, carrots over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until kielbasa is browned.
3. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until carrots are nearly tender. Drain off fat.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring the 1 1/3 cups broth to boiling. Stir in couscous; cover remove from heat. Let stand while preparing meat and vegetable mixture.
5. Add chicken and green pepper to skillet, cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
6. Combine the 1 cup broth and cornstarch, stir into skillet.
7. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
8. Fluff couscous with a fork. Serve chicken mixture over couscous. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: