At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Chicken and Peppers Pie
1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
½ cup picante sauce
½ cup sour cream
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 jar (7 ounces) whole roasted sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips
4 medium green onions, sliced (about ½ cup)
3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated cornbread twists
1. Stir the soup, picante sauce, sour cream, chili powder, peppers, green onions and chicken in an 11×8 inch (2 quart) shallow baking dish.
2. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Stir.
3. Separate cornbread twists into 16 strips.
4. Arrange the strips, lattice-fashion, over the chicken mixture. Overlap strips as necessary to fit.
5. Bake for 15 minutes more or until cornbread is golden. Makes 6 servings.