This confetti chicken salad recipe has been described as a party on a plate. And rightfully so. The spicy combination of chili powder, garlic, and jalapeno peppers meets the cooling effects of the fresh lime juice and the ample fruit of the avocado. If desired, the rice in this recipe could be replaced with 4 cups of cooked pasta such as macaroni, shells, or tubetti (short tube pasta). This recipe is perfect to bring to a barbeque and the perfect work lunch.
Confetti Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, or parsley, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled, and cut into chunks
1. Blend lime juice, oil, garlic, chili powder, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add chicken, red pepper, onions, cilantro, and hot peppers.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Add rice and avocado chunks; toss lightly, and serve.