At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Crispy Baked Salsa Chicken
1 (12 count) box taco shells, each shell broken into pieces
1 bag (20 oz.) cubed, cooked chicken
1 packet (1.25 oz) taco seasoning
1 jar(16 oz) Medium Salsa
1/4 cup taco sauce (mild, medium or hot)
1 cup light sour cream
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
1 cup black olives, rinsed
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Evenly sprinkle the broken chips into the baking dish and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the taco seasoning, making sure to coat each piece well.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the salsa, taco sauce, and sour cream. Stir in the chiles, olives, and cilantro.
6. Pour over the chicken and combine thoroughly.
7. Stir in 3 cups of the cheese and the chicken broth.
8. Pour the chicken mixture into the 9×13-inch baking pan over the broken taco shells.
9. Place into preheated oven, bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the mixture and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serves 6.