At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Easy Saffron Rice Recipe
Indian inspired saffron rice creates an exotic atmosphere to any meal. Golden hued fluffy rice pairs with a few simple ingredients to create a truly memorable blend of flavors.
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon butter (optional)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
1. Rinse the rice well, drain.
2. In a medium size saucepan, add the rinsed rice and remaining ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Fluff with fork and serve. Serves 4.