Ham and Cheese Overnight Casserole
11 ounce package baby spinach
8 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
4 cups whole grain bread
1 cup diced ham steak
½ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
¾ cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1. In a large covered saucepan, heat spinach over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted. Set aside.
2. Thoroughly whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
3. Add mustard, rosemary, and pepper to egg mixture; whisk to combine.
4. Toss spinach, bread, ham, and roasted peppers in a large bowl.
5. Add egg mixture to bread mixture and toss well to coat.
6. Transfer to a sprayed 9×13 baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until set. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes until casserole has puffed and top is golden.