Ham and Cheese Overnight Casserole
11 ounce package baby spinach
8 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
4 cups whole grain bread
1 cup diced ham steak
½ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
¾ cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1. In a large covered saucepan, heat spinach over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted. Set aside.
2. Thoroughly whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
3. Add mustard, rosemary, and pepper to egg mixture; whisk to combine.
4. Toss spinach, bread, ham, and roasted peppers in a large bowl.
5. Add egg mixture to bread mixture and toss well to coat.
6. Transfer to a sprayed 9×13 baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until set. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes until casserole has puffed and top is golden.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Vezzani Photography.