Last Updated on
Healthy Baked Meatballs Recipe
These baked meatballs are a great healthy recipe for the Italian food lovers in your family. The onions sauteeing will fill your kitchen with the warm, delicious smells of Italy!
The whole milk and eggs will give these meatballs a rich, authentic flavor that will quickly make them a family favorite. With just a touch of garlic, they’ll please even the pickiest of eaters in your family. You can double or triple the batch and freeze the extras in meal size portions so you’ll have a healthy recipe ready on those days you’re just too busy to cook, just be sure to double wrap them to prevent freezer burn.
Serve it all with a big salad for a quick, easy and healthy meal.
¼ cup onions, minced
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds lean ground beef
¾ cup bread crumbs
½ cup whole milk
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Grease baking sheet lightly with oil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil and onions to small skillet. Cook over medium heat, until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Mix remaining ingredients together in bowl; add onions. Mix until blended, using a large serving spoon.
4. Shape beef mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs; place on baking sheet.
5. Bake until thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings of about 3 meatballs each, plus 4 servings for another meal
Total fat 21 grams
Saturated fat 7 grams
Cholesterol 142 milligrams
Sodium 224 milligrams