At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Healthy Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
4 medium baking potatoes
3/4 cup lowfat (1%) cottage cheese
1/4 cup lowfat (1%) milk
2 Tablespoons soft margarine
1 teaspoon dill weed
3/4 teaspoons herb seasoning
4-6 drops hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425 degrees F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato, leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
3. By hand, mix in remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
4. Sprinkle each top with 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
5. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/2 potato
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 151 mg
Total fiber: 2 g
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Potassium: 293 mg