At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Italian Sausage Peppers and Onions
Pasta with Traditional Sauce
Sausage, peppers an onions are an easy and versatile family dinner. It’s very easy to make, uses only a few ingredients, and can be served on rolls or over pasta. Pour traditional spaghetti sauce over the pasta and serve the sausage as a side or as a mix-in for a robust Italian meal.
Italian Sausage Peppers and Onions Ingredients:
6 (4 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
2 Tablespoons butter
1 yellow onion, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup white wine
1. Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides.
2. Remove from skillet, and slice.
3. Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine.
5. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
6. Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
7. Serve with pasta with red sauce.