If you're looking for a good old steak recipe, we've got a great one here for you. There's nothing too special or unique about this recipe, but that's exactly the point. Sometimes, all you need is a traditional recipe to satisfy everyone in your family.
These steaks are served with a creamy topping that will give them extra flavor. If you happen to want something more on the unique side, we do give you the option of also topping the steaks with orange marmalade. We know that sounds a bit odd, but we promise it works!
The side we advise serving with this steak is garlic buttered broccoli. Garlic will help add pleasant flavor to the broccoli, making it easier for you to get your kids to eat it. Broccoli is a common side dish with steak; other options include mac and cheese or mashed potatoes.
Take a look around our site for all of our other recipes! Whether you're in need of more dinners, a cake for your kid's birthday, snacks for their next sleepover, or something else entirely, we've got you covered. You don't ever need to worry about what to cook again!
Steak with Sautéed Onions and Garlic Buttered Broccoli
6 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1½ pounds total)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1 small onion, cut into six wedges
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
2 Tablespoons whipping cream
6 tablespoons onion or orange marmalade (optional)
butter to taste
garlic powder to taste
1. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic.
3. Cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove onion from skillet.
4. While onion is cooking cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain, coat with butter, and sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Increase heat to medium-high. Add steaks to skillet, cook to desired doneness, turning once. After turning, sprinkle meat with basil and oregano.
6. Remove steaks from skillet, place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
7. Return onion to skillet heat through. Remove onions from skillet. Remove skillet from heat.
8. Stir in whipping cream, spoon cream over steaks.
9. Top steaks with marmalade (optional). Divide cooked onion wedges among steaks. Serve with garlic buttered broccoli. Makes 6 servings.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Wirestock Creators/Shutterstock.com.