Last Updated on
Steak with Sautéed Onions and Garlic Buttered Broccoli
6 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1½ pounds total)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1 small onion, cut into six wedges
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
2 Tablespoons whipping cream
6 tablespoons onion or orange marmalade (optional)
butter to taste
garlic powder to taste
1. Sprinkle meat with salt pepper, set aside.
2. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic.
3. Cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove onion from skillet.
4. While onion is cooking cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain, coat with butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Increase heat to medium-high. Add steaks to skillet, cook to desired doneness, turning once. After turning, sprinkle meat with basil and oregano.
6. Remove steaks from skillet, place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
7. Return onion to skillet heat through. Remove onions from skillet. Remove skillet from heat.
8. Stir in whipping cream, spoon cream over steaks.
9. Top steaks with marmalade (optional). Divide cooked onion wedges among steaks. Serve with garlic buttered broccoli. Makes 6 servings.
Try these similar recipes: