Looking for a great treat to give to your kids on Halloween? These “magic wands” are exactly what you've been looking for! They're essentially just pretzels covered in chocolate and sprinkles, but to a kid with an active imagination they can quickly turn into a wizard's greatest tool. Whether your child is dressing up as a wizard this Halloween or not, these magic wands are a perfect idea.
The great thing with this recipe is that it isn't challenging to make. Chocolate-covered pretzels are one of the easiest treats to make. It all boils down to having some melted chocolate and pretzels, and then giving the dipped pretzels enough time in the fridge to cool.
Make sure to pick the right time to make these, taking into account the time they'll need to cool. Have your kids give you a hand with the dipping process, ensuring that they exercise care around the hot chocolate. They'll especially like putting lots of sprinkles on top!
If you want to add more pizzazz to these wands, add some peanut butter on top of the chocolate. Or, drizzle dark chocolate over the sticks once they've been dipped and sprinkled. Chocolate-covered pretzels can get quite elaborate, so have fun!
Halloween Magic Wands Recipe
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
12 pretzel rods
3 ounces white chocolate baking bars
Red and yellow food coloring
1. Line baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Melt semisweet chocolate in double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Remove from heat.
3. Dip pretzel rods into chocolate, spooning chocolate to cover approximately 3/4 of each pretzel.
4. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
5. Melt white chocolate in clean double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Remove from heat.
6. Dip coated pretzels quickly into white chocolate to cover approximately ¼ of pretzel.
7. Place on baking sheet and top immediately with sprinkles.
8. Refrigerate until firm.
9. Tie ends with ribbons.