Last Updated on
Spiced Pineapple Ham
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
3 Tablespoons apple juice
1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
6 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (4 ounces each)
1. In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice, cloves and cinnamon to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in apple juice until smooth.
4. Stir into spiced pineapple juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
5. Stir in pineapple; heat through.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan, cook ham steaks until browned and heated through. Serve with the pineapple sauce evenly spooned over top of steaks. Serve over rice.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (1 each) equals:
4 grams fat (1 grams saturated fat)
58 mg cholesterol
1,020 mg sodium
17 grams carbohydrate
0 mg fiber
21 grams protein