At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Yankee Pot Roast
1 beef chuck pot roast (2½ pounds)
3 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
2 large carrots, cut into ¾-inch slices
2 ribs celery, cut into ¾-inch slices
1 medium onion, sliced
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
1. Trim excess fat from meat and discard. Cut into serving pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Combine vegetables, bay leaves, rosemary and thyme in crock pot.
3. Place beef over vegetables in crock pot. Pour broth over beef.
4. Cover and cook onlow 8½ to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
5. Remove beef to serving platter. Arrange vegetables around beef. Remove and discard bay leaves.