Cabbage Rice Casserole
This is a cheap, easy recipe perfect for a weeknight dinner. The cabbage adds a wonderful texture without overwhelming the flavor of the dish. Assemble it then toss it in the oven for a stress free meal.
1 head cabbage, shredded
1 cup long-cooking rice, uncooked
2 pounds ground beef, browned
28 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place cabbage in the bottom of a greased 13" x 9" baking pan.
2. Spread rice on top.
3. Pour 2 cups water over rice.
4. Spoon beef over top.
5. Pour sauce evenly over beef. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
6. Bake uncovered at 375°F for 1½ to 2 hours.
7. Mix together before serving.
Try one of our favorite 4 to 7 Ingredient Meals: