6 medium-sized potatoes
2 to 4 cups cooked ham chunks
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Peel potatoes.
2. Cut into chunks and place in a medium-sized saucepan.
3. Add 2" water cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until tender (poke with fork).
4. Mash potatoes with an electric mixer, adding some cooking water to keep them from being too stiff.
5. Mix in garlic salt.
6. Spoon into lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
7. Scatter ham over potatoes.
8. Whip heavy cream until light and fluffy.
9. Gently fold cheddar cheese into whipped cream.
10. Spoon mixture over top of ham.
11. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
12. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving to allow potatoes to firm up.