Banana Cream Cheesecake
Banana Cream Cheesecake Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Banana Cream Cheesecake Directions:
1. Combine butter and cookie crumbs; press evenly into the bottom of a greased springform pan, chill.
2. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Add the bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour mixture over prepared crust.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F and bake an additional 75 minutes, or until center is almost set.
7. Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 6 hours.