Cheesecake Factory Recipe
This is the cheesecake factory recipe, their famous mouth watering cheesecake. In the world of cheesecake, this is the caviar of cheesecakes. If you haven't had it at the Cheesecake Factory, you owe it to yourself to experience this Cheesecake Factory recipe at home. It's worth it!
Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake Recipe
**if you prefer a crust without nuts, the recipe for the no-nuts crust is at the end of this recipe**
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
3/4 cup finely chopped vanilla wafers
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
16 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, set aside.
1. All the filling ingredients should be at room temperature.
2. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with an electric mixer set on low (keep the setting at low during the entire mixing process).
3. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
4. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
5. Add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
6. Add the sour cream and beat well.
7. Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
8. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree F preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
9. When time is up turn oven off, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
10. Remove from oven and let cool then refrigerate for 24 hours.
11. Remember this important tip : A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
**The crust recipe below is for those who prefer a crust without nuts**
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup melted margarine
1. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix in melted margarine.
2. Press the crumb into a 9-inch spring form pan that has been lined on the bottom and side with parchment paper.
3. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and about 2/3 the way up the side.
4. Put the crust in your freezer until the filling is done.
Cheesecake Recipes List