Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Bisquick really does make things better sometimes. It's that magical baking mix that comes out perfectly and can transform from biscuits to dinner fare in no time flat. It's also very tasty as a coating, which is why this Chicken Parmesan recipe is so incredibly delicious.
The flavors of traditional Italian chicken Parmesan are still there, but the bisquick enrobes the chicken perfectly to accept the seasonings and sauce without falling apart or turning to goo.
This is great food made easy with just one ingredient change. Versatile Biquick is a gem. Besides, who can hate on Betty Crocker? Not us. Especially after we ate this!
3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
3 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cups tomato pasta sauce (from 26-oz jar)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
1. In shallow dish or pie plate, mix Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
2. In another shallow dish or pie plate, beat egg. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip into egg, and coat again with Bisquick mixture.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
4. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove from skillet to plate.
5. Add pasta sauce to skillet. Add basil, oregano and garlic to sauce, stir well. Heat for 1 minute.
6. Place chicken on top of sauce. Sprinkle with Mozarella. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
You might also like: