Page 4 of 8
CROCK POT HAM BROCCOLI CHOWDER
2 Tablespoons flour
1 small can evaporated milk
2 cup ham, diced
1 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
2 cups water
1 cup light cream
1. Mix flour and evaporated milk in cooker. Add other ingredients except cream.
2. Cook on low 7 hours, or on automatic for 4 hours.
3. Before serving, stir in cream and heat.
CROCK POT MEXICAN POTATO CORN CHOWDER
14 small potatoes, peeled and diced
1 can (17 oz.) cream style corn
1 can (12 oz.) whole kernel corn-do not drain
2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
1 Tablespoon + margarine
1 large onion (brown), diced fine
1 green pepper, diced fine
dash of Worchesteshire sauce
2 cups medium Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Cover potatoes with water and boil gently, uncovered until you can pierce them easily with a fork.
2. Add sautéed onion and green pepper. Stir in corns, chilies and seasonings (season salt, garlic powder, dash of Worcesteshire sauce). Heat until bubbly.
3. Place in large (5-6 qt.) crockpot on high until it bubbles again and then turn to low.
4. Stir in shredded cheese. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour
CROCK POT MEXICAN SOUP
1 lb. lean ground beef
8 cup chicken stock
4 Tablespoon flour
1 red chili pepper
4 medium carrots, grated
5 1/2 Tablespoon Minute rice
1/2 lb. spinach fresh or frozen chopped
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 lb. ham chopped
2 1/2 Tablespoon parsley
1. Mix beef, 1/2 cup stock, flour and egg. Form into small balls. Set aside.
2. Put remaining stock, chili pepper, carrots and rice in crockpot on high to simmer. When simmering add meat balls, cover and cook 1/2 hour.
3. Turn heat on low and cook 3 hours.
4. Add other ingredients and cover and cook for 20 more minutes.
CROCK POT TURKEY SOUP
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
3 teaspoons beef bouillon
3 cup boiling water
1 cup (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
1 large diced onion
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 cup diced green pepper (optional)
1. Add all ingredients except sliced mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
2. Add mushrooms and turn up to high for 10 to 15 minutes.
CROCK POT ITALIAN VEGETABLE SOUP
1 can corn
1 can Italian zucchini squash
1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2-3 diced potatoes
1-2 lb. hamburger
2 Tablespoons oregano leaves
A pinch basil leaves
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
3 bay leaves
1. Brown hamburger. Drain well. Add all ingredients in crock pot.
2. Cook on low 6- 8 hours.
CROCK POT MINESTRONE SOUP #1
3 cups water
1 1/2 lb. beef shank
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery with tops, sliced
1/2 cup vermicelli
1 16-ounce can tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 zucchini, sliced
1 10-ounce package (frozen mixed vegetables)
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound can garbanzo beans
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Place all ingredients in crock pot except zucchini. Stir to mix thoroughly.
2. Cover and cook on Low 10 to 12 hours (High: 4 to 5 hours).
3. During last hour, remove meat and bones. Cut meat from bones and return to soup with zucchini.
4. Turn crock pot to High and cook one hour. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
CROCK POT MINESTRONE SOUP #2
1/2-3/4 lb. browned ground meat
2 16 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce
7 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 small pkg frozen vegetables
1 15 oz. can white beans
1 cup pasta
1. Place everything except the pasta in the crockpot and simmer on low all day (6-8 hrs).
2. Turn up to high and add the pasta.
3. Simmer on high about 1 hour until pasta is cooked through. Top with parmesan cheese.
CROCK POT MINESTRONE SOUP #3
16 oz. tomatoes, stewed -- canned, cut in pieces
2 medium onions -- chopped
2 cloves garlic -- crushed
1 cup carrots -- diced
1 cup celery -- diced
1 large zucchini -- thinly sliced
16 oz. kidney beans -- canned
6 oz. tomato paste -- canned
1 Tablespoon parsley, freeze-dried -- flakes
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper -- finely ground
6 cups "beef style" vegetarian broth
1/4 pound spaghetti -- cut in 2" pieces
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried basil -- crushed
2 cups shredded cabbage -- optional
1. Place all ingredients except spaghetti in slow cooker; stir, Cover.
2. Turn heat control to LOW; cook 10 to 12 hours.
3. Add spaghetti. Cover and cook 1 hour longer.
CROCK POT COSTA RICAN BEEF & VEGETABLE SOUP WITH YELLOW RICE
2 lb. lean, boneless beef chuck in 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 cup celery, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 dry bay leaf
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin, bite-size strips
1 1/2 cups water
2 cans (about 14 1/2 oz.) beef broth
yellow rice (recipe below)
1 large ear corn, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
1/3 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
salt and pepper
1. Arrange beef cubes slightly apart in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
2. Bake in a 500 oven until well browned (about 20 minutes).
3. In a 3 1/2 quart or larger crockpot, combine onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf and bell pepper. Transfer browned beef to crockpot.
4. Pour a little of the water into baking pan, stirring to dissolve drippings and pour into crockpot. Add broth and remaining water.
5. Cover and cook on low about 8 hours.
6. About 15 minutes before beef is done, prepare Yellow Rice. While rice is cooking, increase cooker setting to high; add corn.
7. Cover; cook for 5 minutes. Add cabbage; cover and cook until cabbage is bright green, 8 to 10 more minutes.
8. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into wide, shallow bowls; add a scoop of rice to each.
1 Tablespoon salad oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup long-grain white rice
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 3/4 cups water
1. Heat oil in 2-quart pan over medium heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring until onion is soft but not browned, (3 to 5 minutes).
2. Stir in the rice and turmeric; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute.
3. Pour in the water and reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
CROCK POT CREAM OF SWEET POTATO SOUP
3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 c Chicken bouillon
1 ts Sugar
1/8 ts Each ground cloves and nutmeg
Salt to taste
1 1/2 c Light cream, half-and-half, or milk
1. Put sweet potatoes and bouillon in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours or until potatoes are tender.
3. Force potatoes and liquid through food mill or puree in blender. Put back in cooker with remaining ingredients.
4. Cover and cook on high 1 to 2 hours.
CROCK POT SPLIT PEA SOUP
1 (16 oz.) pkg. dried green split peas, rinsed
1 hambone, or 2 meaty ham hocks, or 2 cup diced ham
3 carrots, peeled & sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery plus leaves, chopped
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
1 1/2 quarts hot water
1. Layer ingredients in slow cooker, pour in water. DO NOT STIR.
2. Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off bone.
3. Remove bones and bay leaf. Serve garnished with croutons.