CROCK POT SWEET SWEET-POTATOES
2 pounds sweet potatoes---peel and grated
1/3 cup brown sugar---packed good
1/4 cup butter---melted
1/4 cup coconut---flaked
1/4 cup broken pecans---toasted
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a slow cooker/Crock Pot, combine potatoes, sugar, butter, coconut, pecans and cinnamon.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
3. Stir in coconut and vanilla extracts.
CROCK POT SWISS CHEESE SCALLOPED POTATOES
2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 Tablespoons butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 oz. Swiss cheese slices, torn into small pieces
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion (optional)
1. Layer half the potatoes, 1/4 cup onion, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 TBS butter in slow cooker. Repeat layers.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Remove potatoes with slotted spoon to serving dish.
3. Blend milk and flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir mixture into slow cooker. Add cheese; stir to combine.
4. Turn slow cooker to HIGH, cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir.
5. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
CROCK POT MIXED VEGETABLE BAKE
2 cans Creamed corn, 17 oz each
2 cans Green beans; cut, 16 oz each
2 cans Peas, 16 oz each
1 can Tomatoes, 17 oz
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Tarragon
1 teaspoon Basil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Combine all ingredients in removable liner, mix well to blend herbs. Place liner in base.
2. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
CROCK POT ROASTED VEGGIE TRIO POT
3 cups (15 oz) sliced raw potatoes
3 cups sliced carrots
1-3/4 cups (one 15 oz can) Swanson Beef Broth
1/2 cup chopped onions
1. In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots and onion. Pour beef broth evenly over top.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 - 6 hours. Mix well before serving.
CROCK POT VEGETABLE BARLEY MEDLEY
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 10 oz pkg frozen whole kernel corn
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup pearl barley
1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 14-1/2 oz can vegetable broth or 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1. In crock pot place drained beans, corn, onion, barley, green sweet pepper, carrot,and garlicup
2. In a medium bowl combine vegetable or chicken broth, parsley, basil or oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover; cook on low-heatsetting for 7 to 8 hours or high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
4. After cooking time is up, if using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
5. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
6. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer on high-heat setting.