Scalloped potatoes are perfect for serving with any holiday dinner, but are easy enough to make for a weekday dinner.
4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute.
2. Add milk, stirring with a whisk. Season with salt and cayenne.
3. Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
4. Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
5. Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
6. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Top with paprika.
8. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350 degrees F. Serves 6.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!