Last Updated on
Thanksgiving is a time for comfort food, when casseroles, piping-hot dishes and desserts abound. This Thanksgiving why not try something new with our
Everyone’s Favorite Side Dish is a Time Saver
Potatoes are a great side dish for any holiday. Traditionally, potatoes are served mashed, which everyone seems to love. Why not try this side dish of
Besides being really easy, this recipe contains only a few ingredients so you can focus on the rest of your Thanksgiving cooking. Layering sliced potatoes with cheese, evaporated milk and cheesy soup mix gets it all done in the crock pot in just 6 hours.
You can start this dish the morning of your Thanksgiving dinner, or pop it in the day before. In fact, sometimes cooking a dish the day before allows all the flavors to meld really nicely.
Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes Pair Well With Main Dishes
This cheesy, creamy dish is the perfect complement to roasted meats and vegetables. And if your family doesn’t eat meat, this dish is perfect as it just contains potatoes and dairy.
November can get brisk and cold at Thanksgiving time, so dishes like this are pefect to warm up your belly and serve some hot comfort food! And Velveeta scalloped potato is something everyone will love, especially the kids!
Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes Pairing Ideas
Some ideas to serve up with your crock pot scalloped potatoes recipe are some braised green vegetables like asparagus with olive oil and lemon or buttery peas. Or try pairing your Velveeta scalloped potato with root vegetables like roasted turnips, parsnips and carrots, which are healthy and contain tons of vitamins.
Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Pair with Tasty Main Dishes
Potatoes are pretty universal and go well with so many different foods. Try pairing this rich dish with something lighter, like a salad, as well as a nice roasted turkey. The juices from the turkey will make a great gravy that goes perfect with cheesy potatoes.Print
- 6–8 thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Fill crockpot half full of the sliced potatoes.
- Layer ½ can of soup, ½ cup Velveeta cheese, chunked, ¾ cup grated sharp cheese, and ½ can of milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer remaining ingredients in same order.
- Cook on high about 6 hours. You need to check for you may need to add more milk. You can pre-boil the potatoes for quicker cooking.