This crock pot pot roast recipe is a fantastic comfort food, and cooking in the crockpot simplifies it all. Crock pot cooking is especially great for cooking beef, because it cooks it thoroughly.
This recipe is a tried and true family favorite. Crock pots are a must have; they are an easy way to create home cooked meals when you are on a tight schedule. Pot roast is an inexpensive cut of meat, but with slow cooking to tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor it is amazing. This is the best crockpot pot roast recipe that's both easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Pot Roast Crock Pot Recipe
1 dry package of good seasons garlic dressing mix
1 1/2 lb- 2lb. pot roast meat
1 dry package of Italian dressing mix
1 12 ounce can or bottle of regular beer
1. Place one of the packages of dressing mix into the crock pot.
2. Place pot roast meat in crock pot, and sprinkle the other package of dressing on top. Cover with beer.
3. Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
What to Have with Crock Pot Pot Roast
Looking for some side dish ideas to serve with your crock pot pot roast? Look no further! We've got some great ideas for you:
- Mashed potatoes. This is a tried-and-true classic when it comes to side dishes. Make it yourself, or buy the microwaveable kind if you're low on time or energy.
- Macaroni and cheese. Who doesn't love mac and cheese? Mac and cheese is another comfort food, so when paired with a pot roast it's sure to leave everyone feeling warm inside.
- Corn muffins. Corn muffins have been popular additions to meals for years. Buy a premade mix, or undertake the effort to make them from scratch.
- Mixed vegetables. It's important to make sure you get your daily vegetables in! This is a great way to do it. Buy frozen mixed vegetables to keep it easy on you and your wallet.
- Baked potatoes. Throw on some sour cream and you'll have a side dish that everyone will love! These are really easy to prepare, making them perfect for your pot roast.
- Honey-glazed carrots. Honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness to carrots, which some people may find bland or slightly bitter on their own. This is a great way to get kids to eat carrots without being fussy.
- Dinner rolls. If you want to grab something that's extremely easy to prepare, dinner rolls are a good bet. All you have to do is throw them in the oven for a little while, slather some butter on, and you're good to go!