This is an easy recipe for a roast in the crock pot, but it is hearty and tastes amazing after cooking all day. Throw the ingredients together in your crock pot, and in no time at all you'll have a great meal to enjoy with your family, or maybe even by yourself!
Roast Crock Pot Recipe
2 1/2 lb. Chuck roast
2 packets dry Italian dressing mix
1 cup water
1. Place roast in crock pot and sprinkle dressing mix on top. Pour the water over roast.
2. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Sides to Serve with Pot Roast
Looking for something to throw together to serve with your pot roast? Look no further! We've got some great side suggestions right here for you.
- Baked potatoes. Baked potatoes are so easy to make. They're delicious, especially when you throw some sour cream and bacon bits on top. If you want, give your family lots of topping options for their baked potato.
- Asparagus. This one might not be too popular with the little ones, but asparagus is a healthy option to serve with your pot roast. Try throwing them in the air fryer for something different.
- Macaroni and cheese. This is an absolute classic side dish. It's extremely popular, and for good reason. Mac and cheese is delicious and cozy; it's the perfect accompaniment to your pot roast.
- Applesauce. If you want something simple yet healthy, then applesauce is the way to go. Buy flavored applesauce from the store, make your own, or buy plain applesauce and throw some cinnamon on top. Whatever you decide, it's sure to add a layer of extra warmth to your dinner.
- Mashed potatoes. Like mac and cheese, mashed potatoes are a classic side dish. If you want to keep it simple, buy some pre-made mashed potatoes from the store. Throw some gravy on, and you're good to go.
- Corn muffins. Corn muffins have been popular for many years. They're a great comfort food to serve alongside a pot roast. Buy pre-made mix from the store, or make your own. Serve them warm!
- Sweet potato casserole. This is another side dish that is sure to bring coziness into your home. While it takes more effort and time to make than a lot of the side dishes we've mentioned, sometimes it's worth it. Your kids will surely love this one!