At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Crock Pot Roast Beef Recipe
For the meat and potatoes man this crock pot recipe for roast beef is a winner. It has lots of beef and hearty vegetables. The best part is how easy crock pot cooking makes this to prepare.
Serve this with hot buttered rolls for a fantastic homemade roast beef dinner.
Roast Beef Crock Pot Recipe
3 lbs. beef, cubed
1 lb. bacon, cooked, reserve grease
1 lb. onion, chopped
1 lb. carrots, chopped
1 lb. celery
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 bottle red wine
Salt & pepper
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet, then remove (leaving grease).
2. Coat the beef cubes in flour then brown in the bacon grease.
3. Remove beef from skillet to a platter.
4. Saute all the vegetables with garlic in the bacon fat then remove and drain the pan.
5. Mix together the beef, bacon, the vegetables and half the bottle of wine.
6. Add salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Cook on low 8 – 10 hours.