Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Pulled pork in the crock pot is one of life’s finer pleasures. Serve this sweet and tangy recipe on kaiser rolls with potato salad for an easy but filling supper. Set the crock pot up in the morning for a tasty pulled pork supper at night!
Pulled Pork Crock Pot Recipe
2 large onions (sliced)
2 pound pork roast (shoulder or butt)
1 (18 ounce) bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 (12 ounce) can or bottle of root beer ( A&W or Stewart’s hold their flavor )
1. Place one of the onions (sliced) into the crock pot.
2. Place the roast on top and cover with the other sliced onion. Cover everything with the root beer.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
4. Remove the meat, saving the onions and discarding the liquid.
5. With two forks, shred the meat and discard remaining fat, bone or skin.
6 . Return the meat and onions to the crock pot, adding the barbecue sauce. Cook long enough to warm the barbecue sauce.
7. Keep the pulled pork warm in the slow cooker until serving. Serve on crusty rolls to hold in all that tangy sauce.