Meatballs are a great dish that many people love. Crock pots help make cooking easier and less time-consuming. If you're tired or low on time, throwing dinner together in the crock pot is an excellent idea. Check out this unique meatball recipe for your crock pot.
Tangy Grape Jelly Meatballs
1 1/2 cups chili sauce
1 cup grape jelly
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 Tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine chili sauce, jelly, and mustard in crock pot and stir well. Cook, covered, on high while preparing meatballs.
2. Combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Shape into 30 meatballs.
3. Add meatballs to sauce, stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Sides to Serve with Crock Pot Meatballs
Every main course needs a side dish to go with it! If you're looking for something great to serve with these crock pot meatballs, check these options out:
- Red roasted potatoes. These are a good alternative to mashed potatoes. They taste great, with added flavor from the potato skins.
- Bread. By serving bread, your family has the option to soak up the sauce or make a meatball sandwich. Pick out some fresh French or Italian bread from the store.
- Salad. Salad is a popular side dish for a reason. There are so many different kinds of salad out there. Pair it with your favorite dressing! If you need an idea for a salad, we recommend a Caesar salad.
- Spaghetti. Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic dish. There's no reason you can't serve your crockpot meatballs with spaghetti! If spaghetti isn't your preferred pasta, use whatever pasta you like.
- Mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes go great with basically any crock pot dish. They're yummy, easy to make, and great when paired with gravy. Buy the microwaveable kind or make them yourself.
- Dinner rolls. If you want to serve something other than ordinary bread, grab yourself a pack of dinner rolls. Throw them in the oven, butter them up, and you've got a great side dish on your hands!
- Applesauce. Applesauce is extremely healthy. Throw some cinnamon in there, and it's the perfect side dish to serve with meatballs. If you happen to have easy access to lots of apples, make your own applesauce.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/bhofack2.