Last Updated on
Roasted Baby Red Potatoes
Baby red potatoes are tender and versatile, working well with almost any main dish. This recipe combines peppers, onions and spices to create a flavorful side dish for any meal.
3/4 lb. baby red potatoes, washed and quartered
1/2 medium bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
1/2 large red onion, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
8 medium garlic cloves, peeled
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Spray an oven-proof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Add vegetables and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat.
4. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
5. Place dish in oven and bake for 15 minutes, stir and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
6. Sprinkle with dried basil, adjust salt and pepper as needed, cover and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serves 4.