Stuffed mushrooms are always a huge hit at parties, but they can be expensive to make when you use crab meat. That’s why you'll love this recipe; with only a few ingredients they are amazingly delicious. For Adults only (or children with tolerance for spiciness) use the spicy pork sausage. The mushrooms just melt in your mouth. People will be amazed when they find out how easy it was for you to make these, they will be asking about round two.
20 large mushrooms (white button mushrooms)
8 ounces cream cheese (chopped into small cubes)
1 lb. bulk pork sausage
1 green onion, chopped
1. Brown pork sausage and crumble well.
2. Drain sausage from skillet leaving a thin coating of oil behind and sauté chopped onions until tender.
3. Return sausage to pan with onions and add cream cheese.
4. Over low heat stir sausage, onions, and cream cheese until well blended.
5. Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture. Top each with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Serves 10.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!