This is an easy french toast recipe that you make the night before. The bread soaks up the vanilla and cinnamon flavor, and is ready to cook in the morning. It is heavenly!
French toast has evolved from the basic egg dipped bread, this french toast recipe has spices and fruit topped with whipped cream. It isn't any more difficult to make than regular french toast, but makes breakfast a special occasion every time.
1 cup milk
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 slices challah bread or french bread (1/4 - 1" thick)
6 large bananas, or sliced fresh strawberries and fresh blueberries
whipped cream (canned)
1. Whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla until light and frothy.
2. Dip slices of bread in egg mixture and place on greased baking pan. Pour the mixture that is left after dipping the bread, over the slices on the pan.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. In the morning, place butter in skillet. Place slices of bread in skillet and brown on each side until crispy.
5. Slice the bananas (or other fruit) and place on top of each slice of french toast, then garnish with whipped cream.
Easy Recipes Main Page