Chicken Caesar Casserole Ingredients:
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped green onion
⅓ cup light Creamy Caesar dressing
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ cups shredded, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1 (12 ounce) package tubular pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
¼ cup Caesar or Italian croutons, crushed, optional
2 8x8 foil pans
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, cook chicken. If serving immediately, make sure chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove the chicken to a large bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients except crushed croutons to bowl and combine.
4. Spray both 8x8 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray and divide mixture evenly amongst both dishes. Top with crushed croutons.
5. To prepare and eat now, preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 2 entrees, each entree serves 4
Do not bake before freezing. Cool to room temperature, wrap, label, and freeze. Freeze up to 2 months.
Remove from freezer to defrost. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1.5 starch
Skillet Roasted Carrots and Parsnips Ingredients:
¼ cup warm water
¾ teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 carrots (about 12 ounces), peeled and sliced ½ inch thick on the bias
3 parsnips (about 9 ounces), peeled and sliced ½ inch thick on the bias
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1. Whisk the water, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt together in a bowl until dissolved.
2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the carrots and water mixture, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots begin to soften but a substantial amount of water remains in the skillet, 7 to 9 minutes.
3. Uncover, increase the heat to high, and add the parsnips. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the water has completely evaporated and the vegetables are well browned, 13 to 18 minutes.
4. Off the heat, stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, ¾ cup serving
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!