Mexican Skillet Chicken with Corn Muffins
1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 ¼ pounds)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/3 cup of thick and chunky salsa
Tortilla chips for serving
1 box corn muffin mix
1. Prepare corn muffins according to package directions, place in oven to bake while preparing chicken.
2. Mix chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken breast halves.
3. Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
4. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when cut through thickest part.
5. Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
6. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve with tortilla chips and hot buttered corn muffins. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: