1 pound sweet Italian sausage
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups converted white rice
4 cups chicken broth
4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Slice open and remove the casings from sausage.
2. Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray, heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add the sausage, mushrooms, and onion, breaking up the sausage with a fork.
4. Cook until sausage is browned and the mushrooms and onion are tender, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the rice, stirring to coat in broth; bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
7. Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.