Stuffed French Bread Cheeseburger with Onion Rings
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
8 ounces plain process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
1 package frozen onion rings
1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
2. Add tomato soup, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Simmer mixture, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
3. Bake onion rings according to package directions.
4. While onion rings are baking, slice the top third off the bread. Hollow out bottom half of loaf, leaving a 3/4-inch shell. Spread butter on top third of bread.
5. Once onion rings have finished baking, place hollowed out bread loaf on an ungreased baking sheet and broil 4 inches from the heat until lightly browned (30 seconds to a minute).
6. Spoon beef mixture into hollowed out bread shell; arrange cheese slices on top.
7. Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Replace bread top. Makes 6 servings.
You might also like: