1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
8 ounces plain process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
1 package frozen onion rings
1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
2. Add tomato soup, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Simmer mixture, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
3. Bake onion rings according to package directions.
4. While onion rings are baking, slice the top third off the bread. Hollow out bottom half of loaf, leaving a 3/4-inch shell. Spread butter on top third of bread.
5. Once onion rings have finished baking, place hollowed out bread loaf on an ungreased baking sheet and broil 4 inches from the heat until lightly browned (30 seconds to a minute).
6. Spoon beef mixture into hollowed out bread shell; arrange cheese slices on top.
7. Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Replace bread top. Makes 6 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.